Friday, July 24, 2020

Math Links for Week Ending Jul. 24th, 2020

Featured Links
I feel like in this forum, I am preaching to the converted. But just in case some of you still aren't making Twitter a part of your math repertoire, I would like to point out that there are pedagogical discussions that start with a simple prompt. Here are a couple. Make sure you look at the comments for the discussion. 
Curriculum Tags: All
Resource Links
Here's a great, fun activity from @Desmos on scale diagrams. 
Curriculum Tags: Gr7, Gr8, MPM1D, MFM1P
Video Links
Holy moly I want a 3D printer more than ever. Such cool geometry going on here. 
Curriculum Tags: All

I like these "If the _____ was 100 people....." data representations. And this can be used for more than just data. I think it could be used for proportional reasoning and percents as well.  This one is a few years old but it's the first time I've seen it so, here you go. 
Curriculum Tags: MDM4U, Gr7, Gr8, MPM1D, MFM1P


I like this "test" video on the force produced by different sized screws (he says power but he really means force). It's more of a physics video but I think you can do some math stuff with rates and slope too. And it could also be used in a STEM setting. Plus the fact that this guy has some serious manufacturing skills. 
Curriculum Tags: MPM1D, MFM1P


Image Links
There are so many instances of bad data online about C-19 but to have an example right out of "How to Lie with Statistics" pushed out from an official state office, that's worth a conversation. 
Curriculum Tags: MDM4U
This was from last week's #MathPhoto20 theme of #measure
Curriculum Tags: All




No comments:

Post a Comment