Featured Links
I always like it when I come across a structure that I've never seen before.
Curriculum Tags: All
https://ponderingplanning.wordpress.com/2026/09/09/what-would-happen-if-i-changed-the-question/
New blog post - Explores one of my favourite questions to ask after finishing a worked example: What would happen if I changed the question? wp.me/p9t8DE-s8 #mathschat #MTBoS #ukmathschat #iTeachMaths
— Paul Rowlandson (@drrowlandson.bsky.social) September 12, 2026 at 3:20 AM
[image or embed]
Resource Links
Who doesn't like a good New Order graph?
Curriculum Tags: All
https://bsky.app/profile/theericklee.bsky.social/post/3mvuqrsgjh22j
A lot of people are talking about the idea of whether AI makes learning math meaningless. Here is one take. I like the following question: "Have we caused this ourselves, with our focus on evaluating the product rather than process? "Math teacher at the gym... on the eliptical machine listening to New Order's Blue Monday and thinking, "I could re-create this animation on @desmos.com." Here is the result www.desmos.com/calculator/k... #ITeachMath
— Erick Lee (@theericklee.bsky.social) September 19, 2026 at 9:06 AM
[image or embed]
Curriculum Tags: All
https://amiealbrecht.com/2026/09/10/should-we-take-the-keys-away-mathematics-in-the-age-of-ai/
Listening to the recent ICM panel discussion on 'What Is Math For in the Age of AI?' got me thinking about a much older question. What do we value in learning mathematics? Read my latest blog post here: amiealbrecht.com/2026/09/10/s...
— Amie Albrecht (@nomadpenguin.bsky.social) September 9, 2026 at 10:28 PM
[image or embed]
https://terrytao.wordpress.com/2026/09/19/why-do-we-need-human-mathematicians-anymore/
Video Links
I like problems that deal with trying to make sense of really big numbers
Curriculum Tags: MDM4U
https://x.com/howie_hua/status/2103578072872255878
Which is greater: 50⁹⁹ or 99! pic.twitter.com/1CyQrFJxJ1
— Howie Hua (@howie_hua) September 25, 2026
Image Links
This seems like an interesting way to extend the ideas of Pythagorean Theorem
Curriculum Tags: Gr8, MTH1W
https://x.com/jamestanton/status/2103385765589712963
A 7-11-13 triangle is a "near-miss Pythagorean triangle." We have
— James Tanton (@jamestanton) September 25, 2026
a^2 + b^2 = c^2 + 1
for integer sides a,b,c.
Other examples of such near misses? pic.twitter.com/GheH4776lg
I think you can ask this of most pieces of mathematical content. That is, it's mostly just "stuff". Exercise for the mind.
Curriculum Tags: All
https://x.com/jamestanton/status/2102651930468110605
Actually ... let me press on this.
— James Tanton (@jamestanton) September 23, 2026
What are three reasons why students need to how to factor integer quadratic expressions? If the answer is that they will need to know this later on, what exactly is the "later on"?
[I am not being solely ornery here. I am happy to teach any… pic.twitter.com/c0JDfjJ8Mg

No comments:
Post a Comment