Featured Links
I've not watched the show Traitors but I have started to now that @FrySquared is a contestant on the current season of Celebrity Traitors. Here she explains the math of how she is going to figure out who the traitors are using combinatorics among other things. Thanks to @mathsjem for pointing this out.
Curriculum Tags: MDM4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twDvxNooI_4
Resource Links
I think that people, in general, not just students, have trouble understanding big numbers. At this link you can try to spend all of Elon Musk's money.
Curriculum Tags: All
https://www.wired.com/story/spend-elon-musk-money/
Big numbers are very hard to develop an intuition for. That's why this little game from @wired.com is so surprising and fun www.wired.com/story/spend-...
— Dan Finkel (@mathforlove.bsky.social) October 9, 2026 at 2:04 AM
[image or embed]
Video Links
It's interesting that trisection does this
Curriculum Tags: Gr8, MTH1W
https://x.com/Math_files/status/2106593150022357186
I like how he always tries to visualize thingsEvery triangle hides an equilateral triangle, even when the original triangle is completely irregular. Take any triangle. Divide each of its three angles into three equal parts. Now consider the intersections of the adjacent internal angle trisectors. The three intersection points always form an equilateral triangle. No condition is required: The original triangle may be acute, obtuse, scalene or isosceles. Its sides may have any lengths. Its angles may be completely different. Yet the hidden triangle always has three equal sides and three 60° angles. This is Morley’s trisector theorem. Local divisions of three unrelated angles produce perfect global symmetry.
— Math Files (@Math_files) October 4, 2026
Curriculum Tags:MDM4U
https://x.com/howie_hua/status/2108280168280465592
Okay I MIGHT have found a new way to visually obtain the harmonic mean because I could not find this visual anywhere. Even if it's not new, I'm still really proud of it because it's understandable and valid. https://t.co/RSq0na7X1Y
— Howie Hua (@howie_hua) October 8, 2026
Fibonacci: From curves to cubes and back to curves. https://t.co/YnxSAaa8KL
— The Math Flow (@TheMathFlow) October 8, 2026
Image Links
@Howie_Hua has focused a lot on mean lately
Curriculum Tags: All
https://x.com/howie_hua/status/2106418942420115798
Though I think that kids vape more than they smoke now, this is still good dataMean Girls but it's a movie about Cady learning the different types of mean https://t.co/i8Oii0HDJ3
— Howie Hua (@howie_hua) October 3, 2026
Curriculum Tags: All
https://x.com/infobeautiful/status/2108618436574085414
How many people still die of lung cancer after quitting smoking? By age (by reddit user @daysleeperrr) https://t.co/r9skK72m6p
— Information is Beautiful (@infobeautiful) October 9, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment