Friday, August 28, 2026

Math Links for Week Ending Aug 28th, 2026

Featured Links

The power of functions and inequalities
Curriculum Tags: MCR3U, MHF4U
https://youtu.be/NbrvuXib9mk

forgot to share this: I made a tutorial on how to draw anything with a single equation/inequality. youtu.be/NbrvuXib9mk I tried animating it all in @desmos.com but gave up 1 minute into the video and used Davinci Resolve... it was fun to start improving my Desmos animation skills though! #iteachmath

[image or embed]

— Mathemagicland (@mathemagicland.bsky.social) August 28, 2026 at 12:49 PM

Resource Links

Double percentages are always fun
Curriculum Tags: Gr7, Gr8, MTH1W
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1nG57nIzY7ZD_kQzsa2gDs9eJMDLzttZcHf4ZKMfKmp4/edit?slide=id.geb5d854f2a_0_0#slide=id.geb5d854f2a_0_0

In #MathsToday, "Which Deal is Better" sparked discussion about how percentages stack, and whether you can just choose a starting value arbitrarily (Yes!) docs.google.com/presentation... (Sorry - don't remember the source) 3/4

[image or embed]

— Carl Brandt Long (@carlblong.bsky.social) August 28, 2026 at 4:27 PM

Video Links

I love this video because it's a great example of how multiple components create complex motions. I think it's a great example of the ideas when combining vectors 
Curriculum Tags: MCV4U
https://x.com/PhilosophyOfPhy/status/2093341582137385462

I think this would be interesting to do with students under the guise of working with roots and calculations


Image Links

A great Calculus meme
Curriculum Tags: MCV4U
https://x.com/howie_hua/status/2093444091271086441

Fun with numbers 
Curriculum Tags: All
https://x.com/fermatslibrary/status/2093465647938154778

More number fun
Curriculum Tags: All
https://x.com/pickover/status/2093032310526333056

Some fun with "lines" of best fit
Curriculum Tags: MDM4U
https://x.com/infobeautiful/status/2093350835132436548 




No comments:

Post a Comment