Friday, July 3, 2020

Math Links for Week Ending Jun. 3rd., 2020

Featured Links
Woah, I am behind. Have you taken part in #MathPhoto20? Organized by @TheErickLee and @CarlOliwitter, this is a weekly math photo challenge. They started a few weeks ago and have a different theme each week. Check out the first few prompts and join the fun. Be sure to include the hashtag #MathPhoto20 and check out all the submissions on their website. This week's challenge is a mashup with @Anniek_p's #MathArtChallenge
Curriculum Tags: All

Resource Links
Another activity with unlimited examples and unique, self checking practice for students. This time dealing with proportionalities to linear, quadratic and cubic functions. 
Curriculum Tags: MHF4U

I really like this post from @ChrisHunter36 on the mixed use of imperial and metric units here in Canada. I know that our official switch to metric happened in the 70s, so I was a kid at the time. I started learning Imperial then moved to metric. I also live next to Detroit so I have watched a lot of US TV. All that being said, I am pretty fluent in both measurement systems. But it seems that who ever made these adds must expect everyone to bet that way. Read on. 
Curriculum Tags: All


Video Links
I am mesmerized by these two animations
Curriculum Tags: All

Image Links
It's time to make geometric connections to pasta with a book on that very subject. 
Curriculum Tags: All


No comments:

Post a Comment