Friday, November 29, 2019

Math Links for Week Ending Nov. 29, 2019

Featured Links
I really like this approach to the conceptual nature of proportional reasoning. Using images that are either proportionally sized or skewed in one direction is a good way to help students see the meaning of what proportion is. This is just part of a 11 video series created by @ChrisHunter36 and @314PiMan for parents of students in grade 8&9 (in BC). Check out the blog post about the proportional reasoning activity here and get all the other videos at the link below.
Curriculum Tags: Gr8, MPM1D, MFM1P
https://vimeo.com/showcase/6244430

Resource Links
It never occurred to me until I saw this post but the Fibonacci numbers are a great way to convert between km and miles. Given that the ratio of successive Fibonacci numbers is 1.618 and the number of km in a mile is 1.609 means that successive Fibonacci numbers correspond to miles/km conversions. This is a great tool for runners as it was pointed out in this article from Runners Magazine. Thanks to @Robin_Grondin for pointing this out.
Curriculum Tags: Gr7, Gr8, MPM1D, MFM1P, MFM2P
https://runningmagazine.ca/the-scene/fibonacci-sequence-makes-a-handy-miles-to-kilometres-converter/


Opinion Links
I like the way that @MarkChubb3 makes us consider ideas on Twitter with a single prompt. Here he talks about data driven tech programs for math. Be sure to read the entire thread and the comments that follow (and join the discussion, yourself).
Curriculum Tags: All
https://twitter.com/MarkChubb3/status/1199161266734075906

Video Links
One of the things I like a lot on this spiralled animation from @GHSMaths, is how few lines of equations are required in Desmos. Check out the link to the actual graph to see for yourself
Curriculum Tags: All
https://twitter.com/GHSMaths/status/1197875521960521732
Image Links
It's no surprise that I am a big fan of @MonaChalabi and I really love this representation of what marginal tax looks like.
Curriculum Tags: MDM4U
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5NzyjfFGNY/

3 comments:

  1. I have read some reactions about fraudulent activities by 24option. I lost a huge amounts of money,but i recently found my way around reimbursement. I was introduced to a recovery agent who assisted me in getting some of my funds back. If you need any help, i advice you to

     contact, maryshea03@gmail.com +15623847738 or WhatsApp her.
    It took a while but finally I got my money back.
    Trust me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, Are you into trading or just wish to give it a try, please becareful on the platform you choose to invest on and the manager you choose to manage your account because that’s where failure starts from be wise. After reading so much comment i had to give trading tips a try, I have to come to the conclusion that binary options pays massively but the masses has refused to show us the right way to earn That’s why I have to give trading tips the accolades because they have been so helpful to traders . For a free masterclass strategy kindly contact (paytondyian699@gmail.com) for a free masterclass strategy. He'll give you a free tutors on how you can earn and recover your losses in trading for free..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Copy Laser Paper in Thailand

    ReplyDelete